The City of Aurora employs approximately 50 full-time employees and 25 part-time and seasonal employees. The City Clerk oversees all Human Resources functions for the City of Aurora. The Human Resources Office is located in the City Clerk's office in the Aurora City Hall.
The Human Resources Office is dedicated to partnering with the City of Aurora’s departments and divisions to maximize the potential of our greatest asset - our employees.
We are focused on delivering quality customer service, and we are committed to the recruitment, development, retention, and reward of our exceptional workforce.
Responsibilities & Services
- Advertises job vacancies, reviews job applications and interviews prospective job candidates
- Administers personnel policies and procedures
- Handles pay and classification issues inclusive of salary surveys
- Assists in the development of job descriptions with the various city departments
- Coordinates benefit programs for employees
- Manages Worker's Compensation for employees
- Processes any employee complaints/appeals
- Coordinates compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and all other federal and state regulations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle with the City of Aurora, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. The Human Resources Office of the Administration Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures and will ensure compliance with all applicable state and Federal regulations.
The following will be required for any prospective employee prior to performing any work/service for the City:
- Employee Application
- New Employee Checklists and Acknowledgement Forms
- Completed W-4 Forms and State Tax Forms
- Federal I-9 form
- E-Verify Verification
- Background Check
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening/Testing
- Driving Record Check