Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City of Aurora is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Administrative Assistant in the City Manager's office.
The Administrative Assistant performs general staff, clerical and confidential work for the City Clerk and City Manager. This position may also assist in the Finance Department and assist with various duties of the Finance Account Clerk as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, SKILLS, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Knowledge of the general principles, practices, procedures involved in the successful operations of a professional administrative office or department
• Knowledge and correct usage of grammar, spelling, composition, punctuation, and arithmetic as well as accuracy of proofreading
• Knowledge of various computer applications – Microsoft Office
• Considerable knowledge of word processing software, advanced typing and above average working speed
• Knowledge in the use of spreadsheet applications
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees, city officials, and the general public, through written and oral communications
• Ability to prepare effective letters, memos, and other correspondence
• Ability to perform duties independently or with minimal supervision
DESIRABLE EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Valid Missouri driver’s license
• High school graduate or GED
• Experience in a professional office environment providing progressively responsible clerical/administrative assistant work
• Considerable experience in word processing and spreadsheets
• Any combination of education, training or experience that would qualify for the position as determined by the City Clerk and City Manager
SALARY: Starting salary $12.48 to $14.40 Depending on Qualifications
Schedule: 20 hours per week, flexible schedule. Schedule to be determined. Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
City of Aurora Applications and a full job description can be obtained online at www.aurora-cityhall.org or in the Human Resources Office at 2 W Pleasant, or can be accessed with the links below.
First review of applicants will begin January 17th, 2020.
To apply, please submit a completed City of Aurora Application (required) and optional résumé to:
Aurora City ManagerP.O. Box 30Aurora, MO 65605Email: email@example.comTelephone: (417) 678-5121.
Open until filled.
The City of Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City Application: City of Aurora Job Application
Administrative Assistant – City Manager’s Office: Job Description